HEAD OF GOOGLE CLOUD
Location : Germany
Established in 1995 and present in 18 countries with over 9.000 professionals working at the forefront of digital systems, our client is an expert in the application of technology to improve business and service performance. In 2022, they achieved € 1B in revenues.
Drawing on industry partnerships with leading technology vendors such as Microsoft, Google, AWS, ServiceNow, and Salesforce, the company helps organizations embrace Digital Transformation to become a leading digital company operating in 6 strategic domains:
- Digital Business & Products
- Data-driven Intelligence
- Distributed Cloud
- Business Automation
- Trust & Cybersecurity
- Sustainability enabled by Digital
The company intends to pursue an aggressive 3 folds growth plan.
To pursue this strategy the company has developed a plan to achieve the above objective via organic growth and acquisitions in the above-mentioned domains with a focus on selected countries: France, Germany, Belux, Netherlands and Spain.
Such a high pace of growth imposes challenges in several domains related to the integration of the acquired entities as well as the appointment of key individuals in Leadership roles to take over the legacy and drive further growth, as well as positioning the company at the high end of the range providing qualitative and value driven.
The German Business
The German business operates out of 4 offices, located in Frankfurt (Weiterstadt), Stuttgart, Munich, and Cologne.
In 2021 the German entity realized revenues of € 50M. They support large accounts across various sectors (Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Industry, Finance, Retail), to move to a digital workplace and agile cloud-centric IT.
The Google Cloud pillar
Google Cloud BU is one of the 3 Cloud Pillar of their group strategy to enable Digital Transformation leveraging a privileged relationship with the Hyperscalers, being Google one of the 3 strategic ones, for which they are a tier 1 Partner.
The BU counts already hundreds of consultants across several geographies (including France, Spain, Italy, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Middle East, etc.). The BU global revenue is forecasted to exceed € 100M.
The company not only is planning a fast-paced growth pattern for this pillar, but also leverages Google Cloud as an enabler and accelerator of its customer’s digital transformation, positioning them as the leading player in this domain in Europe.
What sets them apart from the competition is the ability to combine their deep technical Google Cloud know-how with Business Consulting, Change Management as well as Creative Tech (UI/UX Design) and App development.
Within this context, the group is looking to reinforce the German Google Cloud BU - which counts today about 15 people - by recruiting a G-Cloud Lead that will have the mission to accelerate the BU growth in Germany to match and exceed the size in the other countries.
There is a need to bring on board a leader that will drive business growth by leveraging a very strong first-class delivery team.
The executive who will undertake such responsibility will be responsible and accountable for the successful business development of Google Cloud driven projects:
- Drive the development and growth of Google Cloud business in Germany by leveraging Google partnerships to acquire new accounts and increase sales volume.
- Pursue the set growth strategy focusing mainly on organic development
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, and client expectations ensuring the creation of solid client relationships.
- Share and adopt business and practice development activities related to the growing G-Cloud market offering, contributing with innovative sales activities and proof of concepts.
- Foster an inclusive team culture that recognizes individual contributions and promotes collaboration.
The position reports directly to the Chief Transformation Officer - Germany.
The successful candidates will be responsible and accountable for the successful business development and implementation of the Google Cloud offer:
- Develop and grow Google Cloud-based Services and Cloud Managed Service business in the country, with a strong focus on business development.
- Define a growth strategy for organic growth, acquiring new clients and projects and ensuring the onboarding of key resources when needed.
- Shape, lead, and win new projects for new and existing clients.
- Manage client expectations to establish solid client relationships. Strenghten the partnership with Google in Germany to generate incremental short and long-term business opportunities.
- Ensure that the utilization rate aligns with industry standards.
- Operate with a winning attitude in a high-growth environment leading by example.
- Follow up the business execution to ensure the quality of service, and clients’ satisfaction.
The ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in business development, and sales transformation projects, including experience in Google Cloud specific projects.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills to win new clients and develop relationships with Google to generate new leads
- Track record and credibility in dealing with Google in Germany
- Able to understand the Google Cloud platform and its multiple modules
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and varied environment
- Fluent in German (mandatory) and English
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a salesperson
- IT background with a focus on services sales
- Resident in Germany as the role involves a German contract
- Fluency in English
- Fast-paced and dynamic with a lot of drive and energy
- Enjoys selling and possesses a strong "hunting" attitude to win new opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable in dealing with counterparts
- Hands-on and action-oriented
- Proves sales and business development skills
- Track record in winning relevant IT Services contracts
- Thrives under pressure and delivers results aligned with objectives
- Self-motivated with a determination and willingness to succeed
- Pragmatic thinker with strong analytical and synthesis capabilities
- Performance-driven and accountable
- A challenging, innovative environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- An attractive and competitive salary (fix compensation plus a variable bonus and management incentives).
- Possibility to work remotely or hybrid
- Additional benefits include a company car, laptop, and company phone
This document is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. Do not disclose, distribute, or copy it without the agreement of Hightech Partners.