Head of BU APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT & MANAGED SERVICES
Location : Germany
Established in 1995 and present in 20 countries with over 10.000 professionals working at the forefront of digital systems, our client is an expert in the application of technology to improve business and service performance. In 2022, they achieved € 1B in revenues.
Drawing on industry partnerships with leading technology vendors such as Microsoft, Google, AWS, ServiceNow and Salesforce, the company helps organisations to embrace Digital Transformation to become a leading digital company operating in 6 strategic domains;
- Digital Business & Products
- Data-driven Intelligence
- Distributed Cloud
- Business Automation
- Trust & Cybersecurity
- Sustainability enabled by Digital
To pursue this strategy the company has developed a plan to grow via organic growth and acquisitions in the above-mentioned domains with a main focus on selected countries: France, Germany, Belux, Netherlands and Spain.
Such a high pace of growth imposes challenges in several domains related to the integration of the acquired entities as well as the appointment of key individuals in Leadership roles to take over the legacy and drive further growth, as well as positioning the company at the high end of the range providing qualitative and value driven.
The GERMAN business
The German business operates out of 4 offices, located in Frankfurt (Weiterstadt), Stuttgart, Munich, and Cologne.
Within the offering of the company in Germany, the Application Development & Managed Services BU currently counts about 110 people but aims to grow significantly in a reasonably short time-frame.
Our client is looking to recruit in Germany the local Leader for the Application Development & Managed Services BU.
The BU's mission is to empower organisations to unleash the potential of multi- and hybrid cloud with innovative technologies so they can grow faster. Today, the BU is a strong team of 1700 stretching across France, Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, and Belgium.
The executive who will undertake such responsibility will have several tasks and objectives:
- Foster a culture of innovation, be an inspirational and charismatic leader that pushes the boundaries, develop the competences of the team and challenges the status-quo.
- Pace the strategy's execution: agree with CEO Germany the local budget, monitoring the progress and achievements - dedicated P&L - industrialising or further developing marketing, sales, presales, knowledge, recruitment and training activities, and processes in order to better support Devoteam operation.
The position will report directly to the MD of Germany.
The successful candidates will be responsible and accountable for the successful business development and implementation of the BU offer:
- Developing and growing Application Development and Management Professional Services and Cloud-based Managed Service business in Germany.
- Develop the level of competencies on innovative offerings, Solution Design and Implementation to increase the quality of the solutions while optimising the costs.
- Manage Headcount and P&L, ensuring the achievement of the given objectives in terms of top and bottom line, besides other relevant KPIs agreed.
- Define a growth strategy for organic growth by ensuring the onboarding of key resources in quality and quantity.
- Defining, shaping, leading and delivering projects within a client portfolio.
- Managing cost, time, scope, plan, risks, issues and quality of a project and ensuring suitable controls are in place.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, and client expectations to ensure the creation of solid client relationships.
- Setting the direction and attracting, creating and retaining a balanced team to deliver on this, while operating in a high-growth environment and while clearly leading by example.
- Follow-up the execution to ensure the quality of service, clients’ and employees’ satisfaction.
To qualify for the role the candidates must demonstrate skills and experiences in the following:
- Proven experience in bringing innovation, ability to think out-of-the-box and be acquainted with the latest trends in agile and technology developments, being alerted on the new upcoming tools and capabilities.
- Track record in business development, sales and delivery of transformation projects.
- Eager to work in an international environment
- Strong leadership skills to manage effective client, supplier and partner relationships.
- Managing functional and technical project teams ensuring the project remains within scope, time and cost projections.
- Experience in developing solutions on Cloud, leveraging Data&AI, APIs, etc and the related eco-systems.
- Mastering modern agile DevSecOps delivery principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging and varied environment.
- Master’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Fluency in German, English and possibly French.
- Leadership and charisma in driving the BU, motivating his team and developing the business and underlying competences.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Seniority and Standing at ease in dealing with C-level counterparts, boards and similar.
- Business Planning and P&L Management proven skills.
- Track record in designing competence models and developing upskilling and reskilling programs for the competence centre.
- At ease in working under pressure and track record in delivering results in line with the given objectives.
- Self-motivated, he/she is used to go the extra mile with a strong determination and willingness to succeed.
- Able to think out of the box and develop unconventional but effective solutions to complex problems.
- Performance is key, being analytic and accountable at the same time, offering the ability to keep the pressure
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- An attractive and competitive salary (fix compensation plus a variable bonus and management incentives).
- Participation in the company free shares plan designed for key executives
- Additional benefits include company car, laptop, and company phone.
This document is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. Do not disclose, distribute, or copy it without the agreement of Hightech Partners.