Lead / Senior Cloud Architect France
Location : France
Our client is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 290,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, our customer is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
The Cloud Pillar
The Cloud, along with Data, are the two pillars of the our client’s strategy. From its inception, Cloud is a key lever in clients’ Transformation projects, and Cloud Transformations are top among our customer’s strategic offerings. They enable their clients to become digital leaders through the leverage of cloud technologies to modernize their IT at the right speed, leverage the full power of Data & AI at scale and innovate and create new business and revenue streams. In order to achieve these goals for our clients, they built deep and strategic relationships with the key hyperscalers Google Cloud, AWS and MSFT Azure.
The Cloud Center of Excellence
In order to support this strategy, our client created some years ago “Cloud Centers of Excellence” per country, reporting directly to the leadership of each country. These strategic teams support key go-to-market initiatives and deliver key roles in projects for key clients. In 2021 the CoEs are evolving into regional teams, a new Cloud Center of Excellence for the South and Central Europe Region (SCE) is being set-up, combining the strengths and capabilities of France, Italy and Spain. The scope South and Central Europe Region includes Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Central European Countries as well such as Poland, and Czech Republic. A second evolution is in the specialization per Hyperscaler, with specific teams for AWS, Azure and GCP within the CoE. The aim of this specialization is to increase intimacy with Hyperscalers, knowledge of their programs and offerings, and the adaptation of our customer’s offering to the Hyperscaler.
The Senior Cloud Technical Architects will be based in one of the above listed Countries with a priority to France, Italy and Spain and will report into the South and Central Europe Cloud CoE. The expectation is that Senior Cloud Architects will be strongly aligned and certified on one of the Hyperscalers and will take a key role in developing the relationship with these partners.
- Work closely with Account Executives on key accounts with a lead solutioning role: deal structuring and develop transformation roadmaps, prepare and present proposals to clients and take key delivery roles
- Develop client relationships with key technology influencers, such as CTOs, Enterprise Architects and Senior IT decision makers
- Along with the Alliances team, develop intimacy with a Hyperscaler on sales & solutioning with the objective to engage jointly on key opportunities
- Participate in joint campaigns with Hyperscalers on sales, enablement and marketing
- Offer localization / participation in offer creation with our client’s portfolio teams and Hyperscalers
To perform such a role, the ideal candidate will have to be an excellent communicator, executive level manager with clear leadership skills in showing professionalism, self-confidence hence inspiring trust towards the various stakeholders involved.
With a background in Enterprise Architecture, the candidate is used to manage complexity while keeping the big picture in mind, drive simplification in solution and technology design and he/she will be able to oversee several related project and programs that contribute to one or more defined business goals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 10+ years client-facing experience in enterprise architecture with a strong focus over the past 5 years on cloud transformation
- Outstanding consulting acumen and understanding of Cloud Transformation projects both from an infrastructure design and implementation perspective, ideally gained using one of the above mentioned 3 Hyperscalers, to design and deliver public cloud solutions
- Experience in pre-sales and implementation of business technology-driven programs across multiple industries, able to drive and support strategic phases, transformation execution and shaping the operations to enable client’s entire Cloud Journey
- Experience in designing/implementing Technology Transformation programs:
- IT Transformation
- Digital Transformation
- Data Driven Transformation
- Mindset to work with modern methodological approaches (agility, platform engineering, devops)
- Fluency (written and oral) in English beside the mother tongue
- Strong Certification Track on one of the hyperscalers
- Strong client leadership and engagement skills up to Senior IT Level
- Ability to lead conversations and influence without line authority
- Strong technology transformation skills
- Demonstrable pre-sales experience
- Strong team-player, with a collaborative and sharing attitude
- Available to travel across Europe
- Passion for the challenge, willing to innovate and leave the mark
- Able to work in complex and fluid contexts, manage their time even in chaotic situations
- Expert in understanding clients’ business problems and defining plans that deliver the benefits that clients seek, ideally in a consultancy background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This document is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. Do not disclose, distribute, or copy it without the agreement of Hightech Partners.